A big thanks to Brilliant London for nominating Global from Home for the One Lovely Blog Award. Now that we are moved and I’m feeling slightly settled in OKC, I am ready to bestow the honors to others. So here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you (thank you, Brilliant London!)
2. Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
3. Tell us 7 facts about yourself
- When my Hubby is out of town, my meal of choice is cheese and crackers.
- My favorite trip was to El Calafate, Argentina with my best friend. She threw up on me after eating bad sushi but it only made the trip more memorable.
- If I could go any where in the world right now, it would be a toss up between Cambodia and Egypt.
- My mom always taught us, “Where there is a will, there is way.” The older I get, the more I agree with her.
- I have pictures of me with two celebrities: Jimmy Carter and Oscar the Grouch.
- Currently I am applying for a PhD program in higher education and hope to start classes in January.
- I have read Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice at least 6 times.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award (this is the fun part)
- William Penn University Study Abroad Blog - it is so much more than just a study abroad blog. Karolyn amazes me daily with her creativity.
- Turkish Musings - Haley is headed to Istanbul in just a few weeks
- Mary in Haifa - Mary is a study abroad professional heading back to school…in Israel
- Parallel Life - one of my favorites blogs of a couple traveling the world together…I think they’ve been nominated for this a bunch but I don’t care…so good
- French Paintings - an expat artist in the South of France learning and painting the landscape
- Postcards Wall - this simple blog shares one of my passions: postcards and stamps from around the world.
- You Bloody Tourist - a British student ramblings and adventures in Australia and beyond
- Salaam Y’all - a new Peace Corps volunteer in Ethiopia
- Will Travel with Kids - with her two young daughters by her side, this blogger explores the world around her
- Freedom Abroad - Katie is spending a year abroad and exploring all she can do for free
- World Lit Up - reading a book from each of the 194 UN recognized countries
- News from a Broad - Benne’ is an art therapist who has moved her life to Merida, Mexico
- College Forever - a great blog for anyone considering a career in higher education
- Travel.Culture.Food - a fantastic blog to help plan your travels. She even takes requests!
- Partners for Peace - another one of my favorites, Mari and Paul are Peace Corps volunteers in Ecuador
5. Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination
I promise to have this done in the next 24 hours