I have noticed a trend among my traveling companions that we all love maps. Whether vintage, scratch-off, or artistic, there is something that draws us to them. Perhaps it brings back the good ol days when we were lost in Venice, Cusco, or Kyoto. Navigator, I am not! Here are some fun ways I’ve found recently to incorporate maps into home decor:
Kate Sproston Designs pillows could mark the location of your soul mate or soul city.
Shed some light on the world (or through it) with the All Around the World Hanging Pendant from Naturally Heartfelt.
I saw these scratch-off maps at Paper Source yesterday and want one for me!
16 maps + 1 frame = all the places I love on Sassafassed
Chalk the world up with HANNAHJM’s Chalkboard World Map
Add some extra seating with this pouf from Impressionen.
Give the kitchen a mini make-over with mapped drawer pulls from Sherri Truitt.
For more map ideas, check out these Pinterest boards:
If you are anything like me, you have thousands of pictures from abroad but most of them are sitting on your computer…Facebook if you’re lucky. Check out these 9 unique photo displays and give yourself a reason to browse through those old photos again.
1. Bring your photos into your entertaining with this DIY Photo Runner by HGTV Design Happens.
2. Don’t have any more wall space? Cover your fridge with these cute DIY Mini Polaroid Magnets by Ambrosia Creative.
3. If you have lots of 4×6 photos but not enough frames, this mod podge craft from Hope Anchors the Soul may be the perfect solution.
4. Decorate your sofa with these one-of-a-kind pillows. Find the How-To at MarthaStewart.com.
5. Combine your photos, ticket stubs, and memorabilia into one frame using Alphabet Frame from Design Aglow.
6. For those of you that like to switch out photos regularly, these clipboards featured on Ashley Ann Photography make that an easy task.
7. Incorporate your abroad experiences into the holidays as a reminder of the great gift you’ve been given. Find the instructions for these at Clover Lane.
8. Wear your travels on your wrist with this personalized bangle. Order at ByMyCrap on Etsy.
9. Put your memories in order with this creative calendar journal from Design Sponge.