For the Friday student lunch, I was adventurous today and made a meal from a place I’ve never visited: Morocco! Once again, with limited resources I had to cheat a bit and bought a good bit of the cuisine, but I still did my research. If I had actually made these items, I would have used the following recipes:
- Moroccan Roasted Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives
- Moroccan Whole Chickpeas Hummus
- Tabouli Salad
But as it was, I was short on a kitchen and on time so I took the following short cuts.
- Buy roasted chicken from grocery store, add lemon wedges and olives, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Purchase Athenos hummus, scoop into a bowl and serve with pita wedges
- Order tabouli salad from pre-made section at Ralph’s and pour in serving dish
- Slice oranges and sprinkle with cinnamon – this one is a real recipe so it isn’t really cheating.
In the end, it was a delicious meal and it looked pretty good too!