Over the next few weeks you’ll see some changes on Global from Home. Now that the blog has been up and running for 6 months(yay!), I’m planning to do a bit of reorganizing to make it a little easier to find ways to explore culture from your front door. Here are the new categories you can expect to see pop up soon:
- Abroad Blogs of the Week – ABOW is definitely my favorite post I write each week so this one will be staying. However, I am hoping to get more recommendations for blogs to highlight. Nominate a blog today by clicking here.
- Cultural Crafting – find posts on decorating your house, unique ways to use your photos, and plenty of craft ideas with an international theme.
- Doing Global Good – this will be the home for a new series coming up called Global Giving, as well as posts highlighting do-gooders around the globe.
- Ethnic and Tasty – this category will also be staying. Check here for recipes, restaurants, and foodie penpal posts.
- Foreignly Entertaining – from You Tube to books to movies and any other entertaining tidbits on culture I can find, this is where to look.
- iGlobal – with so many great tools on the web, this new category will put all of the ones I’ve found in one place.
- International Neighbors – this category will include my stories and tips on meeting people from around the world in your own hometown.
- Study Abroad and Beyond– as a study abroad advisor, I have lots to say on studying overseas. Check here for info on how to get a job in international education and other great info on studying, working, or volunteering abroad.
- Worldly Events – finds posts on international holidays, festivals, and other fun events with a global theme.
Have other ideas to be global from home? I’d love to hear them!
It sounds like you have some great ideas up your sleeve! I’m looking forward to seeing all your changes.
Wow, you’re going all out! You have a great themed website and purpose, so I bet it will really take off. I continue to enjoy it immensely.
Thanks so much, WTWK. I feel so fortunate to have fellow bloggers such as yourself who inspire my writing so regularly. Best wishes to you!