My favorite part of being home in Atlanta is spending time with our nephews and niece. We may be bias, but they are quite possibly the cutest kids ever and we love playing with them. The week has been filled with games, the pool and reading books. With my mom being a kindergarten teacher, reading and storytelling was a part of our daily routine growing up and she has definitely carried on the tradition with her grandkids. She has a pretty great children’s book collection and this year for her birthday we helped internationalize it a bit more. Both Mom and the kids have enjoyed these bite-sized global reads:
I finished off the gift with a little bit of creative wrapping by printing pictures or patterns that represented each country.
- The Story of Ferdinand – Spanish Flag
- Olivia Goes to Venice – picture of a gondolier
- Korean Cinderella – Korean calligraphy
- Zen Panda – red polka dots for the Japanese flag
- Tickle Tut’s Toes – hieroglyphics