Hubby is a very goal-oriented person. I admire him so much for all he gets accomplished and for achieving goals that most people would consider unobtainable. While I am not yet so skilled at goal setting and achieving, his example has definitely rubbed off on me. As today is my 31st birthday, I decided it is time to set some new goals for the second year of my thirties. I put them here for accountability sake and because many of them contribute to the goal of this blog – being Global from Home.
My Thirty-One List (in no particular order)
- Be thankful daily for all the dear family and friends who bless my life.
- Read 31 internationally themed books.
- Attempt to make scones from scratch rather than buy them from Whole Foods.
- Print and frame our travel photos for our new house.
- Plan our next trip. Mexico went so well, I think we need a repeat.
- Post a minimum of 4 times a week on Global from Home.
- Reconnect with friends that I’ve met along my travels.
- Begin renovating our 1934 house one room at a time.
- Read the Bible from front to back.
- Create my own visitors guide for Oklahoma City for all our upcoming house guests.
- Drink more water and less coffee.
- Host an international meal to raise funds for Spero Project.
- Call my big brother more regularly.
- Craft with the women from the local refugee community.
- Watch one foreign film a month.
- Start writing a book. It may never be finished but I want to start it.
- Apply and hopefully get into a PhD program with a focus on international education.
- Practice my Italian more often.
- Try 31 new international recipes.
- Learn to use Photoshop.
- Be a kinder and more considerate spouse to my wonderful Hubby.
- Join the YMCA and start Zumba.
- Dine at 31 new restaurants (as many international ones as possible).
- Run a 5K (maybe 10) for a cause that means something to me.
- Help start a study abroad returnee conference in Oklahoma.
- Learn more about my German heritage and traditions.
- Attend as many cultural festivals I can find in OKC.
- Invite the international students from my university over for dinner.
- Attempt to eat broccoli and like it.
- Find 50+ new blogs for my Abroad Blog of the Week series.
- Honor God with my time, talents, and treasure.
Whew! That’s a lot of goals. Fortunately I can start working on number 19 tonight. Hubby is taking me to Japanese steakhouse to celebrate.
Awesome goals : )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISE!
It’s great to set goals and I hope you get to tick many of them off your list in your 32nd year. Congratulations and have a wonderful birthday dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse 🙂
Fantastic list, Elise! Enjoy your 31st year!
Thanks so much, Mary!
I have an international book suggestion too. It’s a weighty one though – The Source by James Michener. Several people recommended it to me before coming to Israel and I’m glad I took the time to read it. It’s long but really interesting.
Great list! Happy Birthday 🙂
Thanks so much, Ashley!
Love your list Elise.. and wishing you a marvelously, internationally-themed 32nd year ahead!
Thanks so much, Amit!
Wonderful list – Happy Birthday 🙂
Thanks so much, Letizia!
Happy birthday – that list will keep you focused and probably quite busy!
Thanks so much, Hayley!
Pingback: Homemade Scones | Global From Home